Digital Marketing Officer
The CyberPeace Institute is an independent and neutral non governmental organization whose mission is to ensure the rights of people to security, dignity and equity in cyberspace. The Institute works in close collaboration with relevant partners to reduce the harms from cyberattacks on people’s lives worldwide, and provide assistance. By analyzing cyberattacks, the Institute exposes their societal impact, how international laws and norms are being violated, and advances responsible behaviour to enforce cyberpeace.
We are seeking a hands-on Digital Marketing Officer to join the Communications team. This is a tremendous opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the Institute’s mission to both shed light on the many obstacles to cyberpeace and actively protect the most vulnerable. If you wish to work in a demanding yet challenging and rewarding environment, surrounded by a diverse team of experts across all disciplines, we are excited to receive your application.
Digital Marketing Officer, 60 % – tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will develop strong and innovative digital marketing strategies and techniques to drive audiences to the CyberPeace Institute website and social media presence and to generate interest and engagement in its programmes and activities. The digital marketing officer will work with other members of the Communications team to create and promote engaging written and audio-visual content and will leverage the latest marketing techniques to drive brand awareness, build visibility and engagement.
The successful candidate should be social and digital media savvy and at ease with content creation in the cyber sphere.
Under the leadership of the Chief Communications Officer, the main responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Officer will be:
- Brand and visual identity management: develop or adapt CyberPeace Institute materials for different target audiences in line with visual identity guidelines and oversee implementation of the Logo and Branding Guidelines;
- Digital and print media content creation: design and/or contribute to the development of engaging content – visuals, web pages, infographics, ads, flyers, brochures, slide decks, videos, podcasts, and other materials;
- Digital media campaign planning and strategy implementation: create and manage programme and/or content marketing strategies, leverage relevant ads and search engine optimization (SEO), email and social media marketing campaigns;
- Leveraging metrics and media monitoring to track social and digital performance, grow audiences and to develop engaging content and ROI;
- Marketing innovation: propose and implement new ways to launch digital products responding to the needs of different target audiences, and keep up to date with new social media sites, web technologies, and digital marketing trends;
- Engaging with in-house experts and third party graphic designers, web designers, and videographers to create unique and engaging content.
Experience, skills and attributes
As a Digital Marketing Officer, you have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in advertising or marketing
- 2-4 years experience in a digital marketing role
- experience in SEO and social media ads, PPC, Google AdWords, Content Management Systems
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- self-motivated and goal oriented
- team-oriented, pragmatic, hands-on, can-do attitude
- language of work is English, French language an asset
The CyberPeace Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The Work Environment
The CyberPeace Institute offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Competitive compensation and benefits;
- Flex-time and tele-working possibilities;
- Dynamic working atmosphere;
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions.
- Duration: 6 months
- Working rate: 60%
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Geneva (GVA), with remote working possibilities
- Team size: 4 full time employees
Please submit your application via the form at : https://cpi.link/3wlfJgg
- a CV (2 pages max), in a pdf format.
- a cover letter (on page max) describing your motivation, in a pdf format.
Please ensure to Reference Digital Marketing Officer in the position you are applying for.
Deadline for application is 15 August 2021 at 23:59 CET
Incomplete Applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that we will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
More details about the CyberPeace Institute
The CyberPeace Institute tackles cyberattacks through a holistic approach based on our four pillars:
1) Assistance: bring cybersecurity support to NGO’s that provide essential services to people around the world.
2) Analysis: research and analyse cyberattacks, in collaboration with other actors, to understand and report on their impact on people, to enhance public knowledge and transparency about violations of international laws and norms and to strengthen accountability in cyberspace.
3) Advancement: monitor, raise awareness and advocate for the respect and development of international law and norms governing behaviour in cyberspace, and for responsible conduct by state and non-state actors to reduce harm and ensure respect of the rights of people in cyberspace.
4) Foresight: forecast and investigate opportunities, risks and threats to people associated with emerging and disruptive technologies, and analyse global cyber challenges.